SISODRV001 Drive AWD/4WD vehicle on unsealed road
This course is nationally recognised and students who successfully complete the course will obtain a Statement of Attainment with the Unit of competency.
This course delivers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use appropriate range, gear and techniques to drive a four wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle on unsealed roads. It covers driving on graded formed dirt roads with slight to moderate inclines and small forded water crossings.
This course applies to any type of organisation that delivers outdoor recreation activities including commercial, not-for-profit and government organisations.
It applies to all delivery personnel working at any level including support staff, activity assistants and leaders. They drive vehicles for a range of purposes including transporting participants, personnel and equipment to and from activity sites.
Driving is regulated by specific laws in each Australian state and territory with variable rules. All training and assessment activities must comply with the local state or territory road rules and driver licensing requirements. This unit assumes the driver has knowledge of applicable road rules which do not need to be assessed.
Our subject matter experts can go to anywhere in Australia, to facilitate this course. This skill set will be enhanced by obtaining the additional accredited two-day course RIIVEH305F – Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle.
- $660 per student
- All pricing is GST Free
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
One day course from 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Recognise risks and dangers
- Develop strategies for minimising these risks
- Learn safer seating and steering positions
- Learn safer car control techniques
- Identify and operate various technologies such as traction control
- Safety checks/cabin drills
- Journey planning and preparation
- 4WD/AWD systems and vehicle handling
- Defensive driving including driver attitudes and behaviours
- Fatigue management
- Emergency braking
|SISODRV001||Drive AWD/4WD vehicle on unsealed roads|
All students must –
- Have a moderate level of English language, literacy and numeracy. The assessment is written in English and a translator is not permitted in the assessment. A language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment might require completion prior to enrolment.
- Have received at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- Hold a current driver licence. (Probationary Licence is accepted).
- Have a completed TISC Enrolment Form with your Unique Student Identifier (USI) e-mailed to email@example.com together with your driver licence and proof of vaccination to finalise the full enrolment process. A USI number can be obtained by logging on to www.usi.gov.au and is necessary to issue your Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the course.
- Current driver licence
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD
- Enclosed shoes and comfortable clothing suitable for the expected weather
- High visibility vest (We can provide you with one on the day)
- Additional items depending on the weather such as a hat, sunscreen or rain jacket as part of the training is conducted outside.
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD.
- Please ensure your vehicle is clean and presentable.
- Please contact our office if you do not have your own 4WD vehicle.
The assessment consists of practical demonstration and written theory exams. The practical demonstrations are assessed both onsite and offsite.
In the circumstance that a student has previously completed training or has skills and experience relating to this course, they will be eligible to apply for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL). Credit transfers will also be offered when applicable.
Students have a right to appeal any assessment decision. A student wanting to make a complaint or appeal will need to complete the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form. Students can obtain a hard copy of the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form from reception or request it via email.
In the event that TISC is unable to complete the delivery of any of the course, a full refund will be issued.
As part of TISC’s obligation to the learner, we will ensure that all training is compliant with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015. On successful completion of this course, all students will receive a statement of attainment which satisfies the requirements of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework.
TISC does not accept any tentative bookings and will only confirm a student’s enrolment upon receipt of the driver licence, COVID-19 vaccination status, course enrolment forms and course payment.
Cancellations made up to one week (7 days) prior to this course commencing will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be eligible for any refund.
Failure to attend training on the day will not result in a refund. TISC at their sole discretion may offer to rebook the student on a later course upon the presentation of a medical certificate for the course days that were missed.
We recommend that students drive to our facilities. We at located at 441 Sutton Road, Majura, ACT. Our training facilities are located on the left side of the road, approximately 900m from the Sutton Rd/Pialligo Ave intersection. There is ample free onsite parking for students.