Operate Four Wheel Drive Vehicle On Unsealed Roads
This course is nationally recognised and students who successfully complete the course will obtain a Statement of Attainment with the Unit of competency.
This unit of competency describes the outcomes required to safely operate a four wheel drive vehicle on unsealed roads.
The unit applies to individuals who operate four wheel drive vehicles in a variety of work settings and industry sectors, including forestry, agriculture, construction, tourism and energy.
All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, according to state/territory health and safety regulations, legislation and standards that apply to the workplace.
Individuals must hold a driver licence or a provisional driver licence prior to commencing this unit of competency.
This 4WD driver training course is a popular pre-requisite for operating and maintain a four wheel drive vehicles in a variety of work settings and industry sectors, including forestry, agriculture, construction, tourism and energy.
Our subject matter experts can go to anywhere in Australia, to facilitate this course. This skill set will be enhanced by obtaining the additional accredited one-day course SISODRV001 – Drive AWD/4WD vehicle on unsealed roads.
- $660 per student
- All pricing is GST Free
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
One day course from 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Prepare for operations
- Operate vehicle on unsealed roads
- Ascend and descend slopes less than 15 degrees
- Complete operation
|FWPCOT3325||Operate four wheel drive vehicle on unsealed roads|
All students must –
- Have a moderate level of English language, literacy and numeracy. The assessment is written in English and a translator is not permitted in the assessment. A language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment might require completion prior to enrolment.
- Have received at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- Hold a current driver licence. (Probationary Licence is accepted).
- Have a completed TISC Enrolment Form with your Unique Student Identifier (USI) e-mailed to email@example.com together with your driver licence and proof of vaccination to finalise the full enrolment process. A USI number can be obtained by logging on to www.usi.gov.au and is necessary to issue your Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the course.
- Current driver licence
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD
- Enclosed shoes and comfortable clothing suitable for the expected weather
- High visibility vest (We can provide you with one on the day)
- Additional items depending on the weather such as a hat, sunscreen or rain jacket as part of the training is conducted outside.
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD.
- Please ensure your vehicle is clean and presentable.
- Please contact our office if you do not have your own 4WD vehicle.
The assessment consists of practical demonstration and written theory exams. The practical demonstrations are assessed both onsite and offsite.
In the circumstance that a student has previously completed training or has skills and experience relating to this course, they will be eligible to apply for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL). Credit transfers will also be offered when applicable.
Students have a right to appeal any assessment decision. A student wanting to make a complaint or appeal will need to complete the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form. Students can obtain a hard copy of the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form from reception or request it via email.
In the event that TISC is unable to complete the delivery of any of the course, a full refund will be issued.
As part of TISC’s obligation to the learner, we will ensure that all training is compliant with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015. On successful completion of this course, all students will receive a statement of attainment which satisfies the requirements of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework.
TISC does not accept any tentative bookings and will only confirm a student’s enrolment upon receipt of the driver licence, COVID-19 vaccination status, course enrolment forms and course payment.
Cancellations made up to one week (7 days) prior to this course commencing will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be eligible for any refund.
Failure to attend training on the day will not result in a refund. TISC at their sole discretion may offer to rebook the student on a later course upon the presentation of a medical certificate for the course days that were missed.