About the Facilities
The Sutton Road Training Centre (SRTC) is a purpose built driver training and education facility located at 441 Sutton Road, Majura in the Australian Capital Territory.
It is the site of the former Australian Federal Police (AFP) Driver Training Centre. The AFP handed the facility back to the ACT government in the early 1990’s. The ACT Regional Transport and Distribution Industry Training Council was formed in 1991 with the specific aim of delivering first class training to the transport and distribution industries in the ACT and surrounding regional areas of NSW. The Council is based at SRTC and is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors who represent a cross-section of the transport and associated industries. Transport Training ACT (TTACT) is the business arm of the Council and serves an important role within the industry by providing input and feedback to local, state and federal governments on the training needs and issues associated with vocational education within the transport industry.
The Centre facilities Include:
- 2.5km two lane asphalt driving circuit
- Two vehicle manoeuvring areas – Asphalt and Gravel
- Self-watering purpose built anti-skid training circuit
- Purpose built 4WD track
- Eight air conditioned classrooms of varying capacities
- BBQ and eating facilities
- A fully equipped function centre with Audio Visual and basic kitchen facilities
- A large Events Centre with classrooms, offices, commercial kitchen and a large under cover storage area