4WD Level One
This is a non-accredited course and therefore not nationally recognised.
This course is a one-day introduction to four-wheel driving. The course is run on-site, uses our custom built 4WD track, and is a mixture of theory and practical activities including a snatch-strap vehicle recovery. The aim of this course is to develop the skills and knowledge required to use appropriate range, gear and techniques to drive a 4WD vehicle through and over a variety of terrain types. This includes the application of basic vehicle recovery techniques and maintenance.
We also offer an intensive three-day accredited course, against two units of competence –
- SISODRI001 Drive AWD/4WD vehicle on unsealed roads
- RIIVEH305F Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
- $660 per student (Incl. GST)
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
One day from 8:30am – 4:00pm
- Introduction to 4WD mechanicals and maintenance
- Drivetrain wind up
- Stall recovery
- Snatch-strap recovery
- Hazard assessment and terrain appreciation
- Managing 4WD safe
All students must –
- Hold a current driver licence.
- Have a moderate level of English language, literacy and numeracy.
- Have received at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- Have a completed Sutton Road Training Centre Enrolment Form e-mailed to email@example.com together with your driver licence and proof of vaccination to finalise the full enrolment process.
- Current driver licence
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD
- Students have a 30 minute lunch break and are required to bring their own lunch; however fast food outlets are located in Queanbeyan if you prefer to purchase it. A fridge, microwave, tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- Enclosed shoes and comfortable clothing suitable for the expected weather
- Additional items depending on the weather such as; a hat, sunscreen or rain jacket as part of the training is conducted outside.
- A registered, roadworthy 4WD.
- Please ensure your vehicle is clean and presentable.
Sutton Road Training Centre does not accept any tentative bookings and will only confirm a student’s enrolment upon receipt of the driver licence, COVID-19 vaccination status, course enrolment forms and course payment.
Cancellations made up to one week (7 days) prior to this course commencing will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be eligible for any refund.
Failure to attend training on the day will not result in a refund. Sutton Road Training Centre at their sole discretion may offer to rebook the student on a later course upon the presentation of a medical certificate for the course days that were missed.
We at located at 441 Sutton Road, Majura, ACT. Our training facilities are located on the left side of the road, approximately 900m from the Sutton Rd/Pialligo Ave intersection. There is ample free onsite parking for students.