TLILIC0024 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
This course is nationally recognised and students who successfully complete the course will obtain a Statement of Attainment with the Unit of competency.
This course covers the requirements for operating a crane mounted to a vehicle which has a lifting capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more for loading and unloading the vehicle. Successfully completing this course will equip participant with the knowledge and skills to obtain a High Risk Work Licence.
- $825 per student
- All pricing is GST Free
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
Self-paced learner’s workbook to be completed prior to onsite training
Three days from 8:00am – 4:00pm
|TLILIC0024||Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)|
All students must –
- Have a moderate level of English language, literacy and numeracy. The assessment is written in English and a translator is not permitted in the assessment. A language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment might require completion prior to enrolment.
- Have a basic ability in mathematics for formulas and load chart calculations.
- Have received at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a completed TISC Enrolment Form with your Unique Student Identifier (USI) e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your driver licence and proof of vaccination to finalise the full enrolment process or complete the enrolment at the bottom of this page. During the online enrolment process, you will be asked to upload your driver licence and COVID-19 vaccination status, so please have this ready. A USI number can be obtained by logging on to www.usi.gov.au and is necessary to issue your Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the course.
To be eligible to sit our course, you must reside in the ACT or Queanbeyan Geographical area. Any students who live outside of the ACT will need to provide a letter on a business letterhead, or a statutory declaration stating they require training from Transport Industries Skills Centre Inc. (TISC) we are either the closest provider to you who conducts this course, or you require it as your employment is in the ACT region.
We recommend that all students read the Access Canberra Application for High Risk Work Licence form to ensure they are eligible to apply for a High Risk Work licence.
- Completed Vehicle Loading Crane review questions (TISC reserves the right to cancel a student’s booking that arrives with incomplete review questions). *The review questions will be posted or e-mailed upon receipt of payment, completed course enrolment form, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and driver licence.
- One form of photo ID and one form of secondary ID, such as a driver licence and Medicare or credit card
- Students are required to bring their own lunch; however fast food outlets are located in Queanbeyan if you prefer to purchase it. A fridge, microwave, tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- Enclosed shoes/safety boot and comfortable clothing suitable for the expected weather.
- High visibility vest (We can provide you with one on the day)
- Additional items depending on the weather such as a hat, sunscreen or rain jacket as part of the training is conducted outside
All students must complete the review questions prior to the course commencing. Students who have not completed the review questions will not be allowed to attempt the assessment. The assessment includes a theory exam, calculations exam and a practical assessment. Students must successfully complete the theory and calculations exams before attempting the practical assessment. Any student found to be ‘Not Yet Competent’ will be able to undertake a re-assessment at a later date and pay the associated fee.
Students who are found competent will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by the assessor at the end of the course. The statement of attainment and the successful assessment pass checklist must be presented to Access Canberra within 60 days to remain valid. Access Canberra (Gungahlin or Tuggeranong) will issue a High-Risk Work Licence permitting the holder to use a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above) nationally. Any students who live outside of the ACT will need to request approval for a residential waiver from Access Canberra. In these cases the individual must give justification as to why they wish to complete the course in the ACT rather than in NSW. It is the students responsibly, not the RTO’s, to ensure eligibility prior to enrolling. We recommend that all students read the Access Canberra Application for High-Risk Work Licence form to ensure they are eligible to apply for a High-Risk Work licence.
As the assessment for this course is regulated, there are restrictions on the availability to offer RPL for students. Only students that have held the old ‘plastic’ O.H.S Certification Australia High Risk Work Licence are eligible to undertake a re-assessment instead of completing the full course. These students must read the new training material, complete the mandatory workbook and are then able to attempt the assessment which includes the theory exam, calculations exam and a practical assessment. In these cases students can book an individual four hour assessment at a cost of $420.
Students have a right to appeal any assessment decision. A student wanting to make a complaint or appeal will need to complete the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form. Students can obtain a hard copy of the Assessment Complaints and Appeals Recording Form from reception or request it via email.
In the event that TISC is unable to complete the delivery of any of the course, a full refund will be issued.
As part of TISC’s obligation to the learner, we will ensure that all training is compliant with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015. On successful completion of this course, all students will receive a statement of attainment which satisfies the requirements of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework.
TISC does not accept any tentative bookings and will only confirm a student’s enrolment upon receipt of the driver licence, COVID-19 vaccination status, course enrolment forms and course payment. If students arrive at the course with incomplete workbooks, TISC reserves the right to cancel the students booking.
Cancellations made up to one week (7 days) prior to this course commencing will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be eligible for any refund.
Failure to attend training on the day will not result in a refund. TISC at their sole discretion may offer to rebook the student on a later course upon the presentation of a medical certificate for the course days that were missed.
We at located at 441 Sutton Road, Majura, ACT. Our training facilities are located on the left side of the road, approximately 900m from the Sutton Rd/Pialligo Ave intersection. There is ample free onsite parking for students.