This is a non-accredited course and is therefore not nationally recognised.
Our Defensive Driving Course prepares the driver for the many challenges and risks faced on public roads. It is no longer adequate to just be a defensive driver. As cars and trucks become more powerful and traffic levels become increasingly congested, today’s driver needs to be able to actively identify and manage the many risks they face while driving and reduce the risk of a collision. Whether you have just obtained your licence and are adjusting to being on the road for the first time, or you are simply looking for a refresher, your whole approach to driving will benefit from this course.
For company or fleet drivers, this course will help to minimise exposure to the risks of driving while on the job. Road crashes are one of the most common causes of work related deaths and injuries in Australia. Preparing commercial drivers for the risks faced at the workplace while driving is an important part of any WH&S strategy. Our one (1) day Defensive Driving Course is only the start of a holistic driver training program.
- $295 per student
- All pricing is inclusive of GST
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
One day from 8:30am – 4:00pm
- Defensive Driving Attitudes and Behaviours
- Vehicle Safety Inspections
- Posture and Steering
- Emergency Braking
- Emergency Brake and Steer to avoid a collision
- Vehicle Dynamics and Skid Avoidance
- Reversing and Manoeuvring
- Defensive Driving and Road Craft
- Road Law Knowledge
- Improve driving strategies
- Anticipate potential dangers on the road
- Improve reaction to dangers on the road
- Enhance vehicle control skills
- Avoid or minimise crash severity
All students must –
- Hold a current driver licence, which they will be required to produce on the day (Probationary Licence is accepted).
- Have received at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- Have a completed Sutton Road Training Centre Enrolment Form e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your driver licence and proof of vaccination to finalise the full enrolment process or complete the enrolment at the bottom of this page. During the online enrolment process, you will be asked to upload your driver licence and COVID-19 vaccination status, so please have this ready.
- One form of photo ID e.g. Driver licence.
- A registered roadworthy vehicle. Please remove all loose items from inside your car and boot.
- Students are required to bring their own lunch; however fast food outlets are located in Queanbeyan if you prefer to purchase it. A fridge, microwave, tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- Enclosed shoes and comfortable clothing suitable for the expected weather.
- Additional items depending on the weather such as a hat, sunscreen or rain jacket as part of the training is conducted outside.
Please ensure your vehicle is clean and presentable, with adequate fuel and air pressure in tyres. Please remove all loose items from inside your car and boot.
Sutton Road Training Centre does not accept any tentative bookings and will only confirm a student’s enrolment upon receipt of the driver licence, COVID-19 vaccination status, course enrolment forms and course payment.
Cancellations made up to one week (7 days) prior to this course commencing will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be eligible for any refund.
Failure to attend training on the day will not result in a refund. Sutton Road Training Centre at their sole discretion may offer to rebook the student on a later course upon the presentation of a medical certificate.
We at located at 441 Sutton Road, Majura, ACT. Our training facilities are located on the left side of the road, approximately 900m from the Sutton Rd/Pialligo Ave intersection. There is ample free onsite parking for students.
|Public - Defensive Driving Course||13 January 2024||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||2||$295.00|
|Public Defensive Driving Course||10 February 2024||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||5||$295.00|
|Public Defensive Driving Course||16 March 2024||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||6||$295.00|